The Technology Support Service (TSS) offers a basic level of support for a district’s use of technology in its buildings or district offices. Subscribing districts are entitled to all of the following benefits at no additional charge:
- Computer Classes - Day and Evening classes cover a broad range of office-based software packages as well as other applications of information technology, including the Internet, web site development and design, digital imaging, and network security. Any district faculty, staff, or board member may attend these classes at no additional charge. Day classes are held in labs located on the New Paltz Campus. For a list of classes by topic click here. Click the Calendar of Classes link at the left of this page for all classes and slices. Then to register, click on the class you want.
- A Helping Hand - Personalized help is a phone call away. If we cannot answer your question, we will point you toward someone who can.
- District Visitations - Our specialists are available to visit your district for board presentations, superintendents' conferences, or other informational gatherings.
- On-Site Training and Assistance - Districts may request up to three days of on-site training and/or workshops on a per diem basis. This support may be used for individualized help or group instruction and can be customized to meet the needs of your district.
- Office Professional Institute – The Office Professional Institute (OPI) is designed to offer multiple sessions in one day of training. Sessions are a combination of hands on and lecture style sessions designed to assist school districts and municipalities work more efficiently through the use of technology. Participants choose up to 4 topics in a day.
- "Slices" - This series of technology training offerings are delivered to you at your location over the internet. These one hour sessions are scheduled at various times during the day/evening and are an effective way to bring content and support to our users quickly and remotely. For a list of "slices" click here. Click the Calendar of Classes link at the left of this page for all classes and slices. Then to register, click on the class you want.
The list of current TSS districts is here.