Physical Security Services
Student and staff’s security are of utmost concern for all school districts and staying up on the latest technology is a daunting task. The MHRIC’s security service allows districts to work with industry security specialists as well as local law enforcement to keep abreast of security technology, State Education Department (SED) requirements and local resources available to your school district.
The security service includes: video surveillance, door access control for perimeter security, panic devices, visitor management systems, radios for district communication from building to building & building to buses, and emergency communication applications which allows staff to report and receive critical information during a school incident/drill. Security Assessment, Planning and Training vendors are also available to work with districts. School Security Regional Collaboration (SSRC) meetings are held multiple times a year providing networking security opportunities across districts and presentations by security experts.
Help Desk assistance is available Monday – Friday for problem solving and call routing to network experts.
IMPLEMENTATION AND ON-GOING SUPPORT INCLUDES:
A comprehensive implementation plan is available as follows:
● MHRIC assists the vendor in identification of security needs by building and analysis of district's existing network infrastructure to support security systems. This includes planning and discussions with site technical staff, administrators, buildings and grounds supervisor and end-users as necessary
● Vendor preparation of project brief stating the scope of the implementation
● MHRIC handles contract negotiation, budget preparation and procurement
● MHRIC will act as the liaison between the district and vendors as needed
● Vendor responsible for installation of all hardware and software components of the system and on-going maintenance
● MHRIC responsible for the installation, training and support for the Visitor Management software. Vendor is responsible for training and support for all other products
● MHRIC HelpDesk serves as the point of contact for support calls, problem tracking, user assistance, and coordination of technical resources necessary to solve issues unless some other form of communication is setup for efficiency purposes
● Service Level Agreement for BadgePass VMS issues is four (4) hour response from receipt of initial request to MHRIC. Request for support must be reported to the MHRIC HelpDesk and MHRIC Security Staff.
● User group meetings for local member districts to discuss and share what has been beneficial to their campus
● Go-to Meeting or LogMeIn remote support is required in order for vendor and MHRIC to assist the district in resolving issues and for training new staff
● Presentations by security experts to maintain awareness of current conditions, new technologies, procedures, and methods so that schools can take appropriate measures to keep their students and staff safe
● Assign district and building project leads. Include District Operations & Maintenance staff and School Security personnel in project as needed
● Demonstrate commitment to the project by participating in all planning and discussion sessions related to the project
● Provide vendor and MHRIC staff with remote access to Security products for troubleshooting issues and ongoing maintenance.
● Develop Policies and Procedures to be used for managing security products and user access rights to the security products, including cameras, door access, visitor management, etc.
● District is responsible for basic support before communicating technical issues, such as: checking for power related issues, network infrastructure/switch issue, workstation/PC issue, weather related conditions, etc.
● Communicate concerns or technical issues to the MHRIC Helpdesk for resolution unless another communication method has been established
● Contact law enforcement for guidance and support with implementation planning as necessary