Document Repository is an online document management solution designed exclusively for Special Education. It allows districts to store, manage, and access documents electronically. This optional module of Frontline IEP is a document management solution, which allows districts to:
- Store electronic documents in Frontline IEP at the individual student level.
- Access documents electronically by authorized individuals.
- Control access to view and store documents based on group roles or individual users.
- Organize documents by category/type.
- Add document descriptions.
- Search for documents by multiple criteria.
- Securely manage documents electronically.
- Restrict editing of the content of documents after they have been stored.
Document Repository also includes a fax component to create and store images of paper documentation in those cases when a scanner is not available. The fax component creates an electronic file and stores it in the document repository using a standard fax machine.
The Frontline Document Repository is a licensed add-on to the Frontline IEP management system which allows electronic copies of documents (e.g., evaluation reports) to be stored in student files within Frontline IEP. Successful implementation of the Document Repository requires coordination and planning between a district’s technical and special education staff, the Mid-Hudson Regional Information Center (MHRIC), and Frontline Education.