nVision is a fully integrated accounting, payroll and human resources system designed specifically for New York State School Districts. It utilizes Microsoft technology so it is has a whole library of software tools. Reporting is made easier and more efficient through the use of enhanced reports, exports to Excel throughout the product and custom reporting.
nVision is position centric which means that when set up and maintained properly, district officials can quickly see where they have open positions and how much it would cost to fill those positions. The base package includes Accounting, Human Resources, Payroll, Budget and Negotiations. Separately districts can purchase Remote Requisition, Accounts Receivable and Bid. All these modules can be purchased as a Suite of products at a reduced cost.
Basic Support for nVision includes:
- Phone and shadow support by professional Financial Services Specialists
- User Group Meetings at the New Paltz campus
- Initial user training at the MHRIC and in district
- Ongoing individual and group trainings as arranged with the district
- New user training
- Cooperative bidding available for necessary forms and checks
- Database Hosting with all software updates, nightly backups and maintenance performed by MHRIC technical staff
- State Aid available on all products and services
- State reporting assistance
MHRIC Financial Services also offers a full production service which includes printing payroll and accounting checks, all related reports, files for direct deposit and state reporting generated on behalf of the district.
As a separate module, Finance Manager offers Timepiece. Timepiece is a real time, fully integrated bio-metric timekeeping system. Employees are set up in the system with all the jobs they perform, clock in and out and the information is then approved at a supervisor level. Once fully approved, the time with budget codes and pay rates is moved in to payroll. This system has saved districts hundreds of thousands of dollars in time saving as well as accurate reporting and buddy punching.